We are determined to continue to develop our products and to challenge ourselves and our suppliers to deliver better quality. The use of good raw materials, testing and quality assurance of leather and fabrics, together with good craftsmanship in sewing and assembly are important ingredients in a quality piece of furniture. We offer extended warranty on some of the components of our furniture, please find below our warranty policy.
Warranty and complaints
In the first instance, complaints must be reported and processed through the retailer where the product was purchased.
Any direct claim to us must be submitted in writing using our standard form. We do not process claim inquiries by telephone. Complaint requests will either be approved with feedback on how the complaint is resolved, or if rejected, by a written justification.
Guidelines for product warranty
Our furniture meets the stringent requirements for durability and workability. Our warranty provides:
- 5‐year parts warranty on the moving mechanism and mechanism components, including gascylinders and wire.
- 5 year warranty on foam cushions and plastic parts.
- 2 year warranty on fabrics and leather coverings, except as specified below.
Outside the claim period or in the case of dismissed complaints the customer may receive an offer to purchase spare parts, provided that these parts are still included in Hjellegjerde its collection.
The damage is not covered under warranty in cases of
- Inadequate or improper maintenance (see maintenance information)
- Damage to leather/wood or other damages resulting from failure to comply with manufacturer’s instructions, or failure / damage caused by that product is attempted repair by unauthorized person
- Appearance of lines, natural marks and structural changes in leather due to the natural characteristics of real leather
- Damage caused by the leather or fabric having been directly exposed to strong direct sunlight or extreme heat.
- Damage from improper handling and / or transport
None of the above warranties affect the statutory rights of consumers.